Whether you're peering out the window during one of these Grand Canyon helicopter tours or fixed-wing air tours, a bird’s eye view of the Grand Canyon is a visual feast without rival. More than a half million visitors take a Grand Canyon helicopter tour or air tour each year. Most of these helicopter tours take off from either the Grand Canyon Airport in the village of Tusayan located just outside the South Rim, or Las Vegas, Nevada or Sedona, Arizona.
Flights vary in price and length but there is a helicopter tour for Grand Canyon visitors of nearly any budget, ability or age and many helicopter flights can be packaged with other activities like horseback riding, Jeep tours, boat rides and the Grand Canyon Skywalk. For amazing views and a rush of adrenaline, Grand Canyon helicopter tours or Grand Canyon air tours are hard to beat.Written by: Chrissy Zubieta
Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour
This is the "Best of the Best" Hoover Dam Tour! Your professional tour guides will educate and entertain you on all aspects of Hoover Dam in an informative and interesting way, allowing you to enjoy every moment of your visit. Not only will you join the Government's Power Plant Tour and Visitor Center Tour, the Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour is one of the only excursions from Las Vegas to offer an exclusive 45-minute Walk On The Top tour.
- 6.5-hour day trip to the Hoover Dam from Las Vegas
- Walk on the spectacular Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge for an incredible view and one of a kind photo adventure!
- Knowledgeable guides provide a sightseeing tour with a difference
- Government Discovery Tour down into the walls of the Black Canyon
- Fully guided 'Walk on the Top' one-hour tour to see the spillway
- Lunch at Boulder Dam Hotel in Boulder City
- Boulder Dam Museum
- The Ultimate Hoover Dam Tour includes:
- Hotel pick-up from five convenient locations with air-conditioned transport
- Trained guides - Listen to your expert guide, fully trained and knowledgeable on all aspects of Hoover Dam and it's history. They are often referred to as Dam Encyclopedias!
- Government's Power Plant Tour - Travel 524' into the walls of Black Canyon to view the Nevada Powerwing, generators and a 30-foot-diameter pipe inside one of the four diversion tunnels
- Government's Visitor Center and Exhibit Tour - See the history of Hoover Dam, view the numerous exhibits which explain how the dam was built, how it operates and who benefits from the water and electricity
- A Walk on the Top - Fully guided comprehensive 45-minute walking tour over the top of the dam
- Scenic Lake Mead Overlook - Snap some beautiful scenic photographs of Lake Mead
- Delicious Lunch - Early afternoon lunch on the way back to Las Vegas
- Boulder Dam Museum - Watch a movie with vintage footage of the actual construction of Hoover Dam and see amazing photos and exhibits as you learn the truth behind this magnificent structure
- Chocolate Factory - Short but sweet stop at Ethel M's Chocolate Factory
- Vegas Trivia - Learn about Howard Hughes, the mafia and Las Vegas on the ride back
Price displayed includes a discount of 10% and free ticket to Mac King Comedy Show - BOOK NOW!
Grand Canyon West Rim Air and Ground Day Trip from Las Vegas with Optional Skywalk
Fly from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon West Rim by fixed-wing airplane. Soar over Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam before landing at the Grand Canyon for a West Rim bus tour and box lunch at Guano Point. Upgrade and add a Skywalk pass - you'll have the most astounding, unobstructed views of the Grand Canyon possible.
- 50-minute fixed-wing airplane flight to the Grand Canyon West Rim from Las Vegas
- Fly over Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead and Grand Canyon
- Hop-on hop-off narrated bus tour at the West Rim
- Scenic views over the Grand Canyon from Eagle Point and Guano Point
- Box lunch at Guano Point
- Approximately three hours of free time at the West Rim
- Upgrade and add on the Grand Canyon Skywalk
- Pickup and drop off from select Las Vegas hotels
- All taxes, fees and handling charges are included.
On your 50-minute airplane flight to the Grand Canyon West Rim you'll have amazing views of Las Vegas, Boulder City, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon itself.
For the ground portion of your tour, your aircraft will land at the Hualapai Indian Nation Airport. You will then ride in comfort on a short shuttle bus tour between lookout points, narrated by your driver/guide. The shuttle bus stops at both Eagle and Guano Points, where there will be plenty of photo opportunities at these breathtaking scenic sites.
You will have approximately three hours of free time at the West Rim, including a complimentary box lunch at Guano Point, 4,000 feet (1,200 meters) above the mighty Colorado River.
Upgrade and enjoy the fabulous Grand Canyon Skywalk, the newest attraction on the West Rim. The Skywalk is suspended 70 feet (21 meters) beyond the rim and 4,000 feet (1,200 meters) above the Colorado River, and offers amazingly unobstructed views over the canyon.
After your lunch, climb back onboard the aircraft for another scenic flight (approximately 50-minutes) back to Las Vegas. Complimentary transportation back to your hotel included.
Book now and receive a discount of almost 25% off the recommended retail price. BOOK NOW!
Grand Canyon West Rim VIP Helicopter Tour from Las Vegas
Choose the helicopter tour that flies furthest and deepest into the Grand Canyon. You'll feel awe and exhilaration as you fly like a bird on the most extensive helicopter tour there is from Las Vegas, taking you below the rim into the mysterious depths of the Grand Canyon.
- 90-minute helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas
- The most extensive helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon, flying further and deeper beneath the rim than other helicopter tours
- Panoramic views of Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Iceberg Canyon, the Valley of Fire, the Bowl of Fire and Las Vegas Strip
- Onboard commentary
- Choice of morning or afternoon flights
- Departs from Las Vegas, not Boulder City (a 45-minute drive from Las Vegas)
- Pickup and drop off from Las Vegas hotels
As you descend below the rim on your 90-minute flight, you'll be amazed by the majesty, brilliant palette of colors and rugged beauty of the Grand Canyon. You'll pass through millions of years of geological time, as the colorful canyon walls provide a remarkable record of the Paleozoic era, dating back from 250 to 550 million years and beyond.
After leaving the Grand Canyon, other natural wonders unfold. You'll enjoy panoramic views of Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Iceberg Canyon, the Valley of Fire and the Bowl of Fire. Your flight concludes with an unforgettable pass over the dazzling Las Vegas Strip.
You will travel in a 6-seater, A-Star Helicopter.
Save over 10% off the recommended retail price. Additional specials are available throughout the year. Visit website for details. - BOOK NOW!
Grand Canyon South Rim Bus Tour with Optional IMAX
Sit back and relax as your coach driver takes you on a narrated journey from Las Vegas to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. You can upgrade your tour to include discounted tickets to the incredible IMAX footage of the canyon at the National Geographic Visitor Center on the only South Rim bus tour that makes a stop at the center.
- Fully narrated bus tour to the Grand Canyon South Rim and National Geographic Visitors Center from Las Vegas
- Upgrade to view the most watched movie in IMAX history, The Grand Canyon
- Discovery and Adventure
- Only South Rim Bus Tour that stops at the National Geographic Visitor Center
- Time to explore the Grand Canyon at your own pace
- Entertaining and informative commentary from your driver/guide
- Pickup and drop off from Las Vegas hotels
- On your exclusive stop at the National Geographic Visitors Center you'll enjoy lunch (included) before viewing National Geographic's exhibits of the Grand Canyon, including the amazing photo gallery.
You'll get a spectacular taste of the Grand Canyon if you attend a screening of the most watched movie in IMAX history, The Grand Canyon Discovery and Adventure. The footage captured by airplanes, helicopters, hang gliders and canoes is truly incredible.
Next, it's on to the National Park where you will visit the two most spectacular lookouts, Mather Point and Bright Angel Lodge. Take a hike along the various trails to lookouts such as Mather Point, visit the historic El Tovar Lodge, shop for souvenirs or simply sit and gaze at the awe-inspiring beauty of this seventh wonder of the natural world.
There is approximately 1.25 hours at each look out point and 1 hour at the Grand Canyon IMAX Theatre.
Why not upgrade your tour to include an approximate 30-minute helicopter flight over the amazing Grand Canyon. There really is no better way to experience the magnitude of this wonder of the world. With this option you will not visit Mathers Point.
Book and travel by December 31, 2012 and save over 60% off the recommended retail rate - BOOK NOW!
WEST RIM SKYWALK TOURS
Venture out to Grand Canyon West by helicopter, airplane or bus; take a walk on the glass Grand Canyon Skywalk. See All West Rim Tours »
LAS VEGAS HOTELS
Roll the dice on a grand vacation, and add Las Vegas to your Grand Canyon trip itinerary. See All Las Vegas Hotels »
GRAND CANYON'S NEAREST AIRPORTS
Most visitors fly into Phoenix or Las Vegas and drive to the Grand Canyon. Learn how: See All Nearby Grand Canyon Airports »
PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES
Drive yourself or take a shuttle? Learn the transportation options for each Grand Canyon rim. See All Grand Canyon Transportation »